Blacksburg Master Chorale
Mendelssohn’s ElijahSaturday, May 3, 2014, 8 p.m.
Anne and Ellen Fife Theatre
$20-$30 general admission, $10 students with ID and children 18 and under
More than 200 singers, a full orchestra, and soloists will fill the stage as the Center for the Arts, Blacksburg Master Chorale, Virginia Tech Choirs, and Roanoke Symphony Orchestra collaborate to present Felix Mendelssohn’s legendary oratorio, Elijah. This intense musical drama depicts the major events in the life of the prophet Elijah. Featured soloists include three Virginia Tech alumni: Branch Fields (in the title role), Danielle Talamantes, and Robert Chafin; as well as Katherine Pracht, mezzo soprano.
- with the Roanoke Symphony Orchestra
- and Virginia Tech Choirs
- Dwight Bigler, conductor
- Danielle Talamantes, soprano (Virginia Tech alumna)
- Katherine Pracht, mezzo soprano
- Robert Chafin, tenor (Virginia Tech alumnus)
- Branch Fields, bass (Virginia Tech alumnus)
- Co-presented with Blacksburg Master Chorale
- Clay Corner Inn offers a special for Center for the Arts patrons. Show a valid ticket from the Center for the Arts when you check in at Clay Corner Inn, and receive $30 off your room rate for the night.* Clay Corner Inn is located at 401 Clay St. SW in Blacksburg, within walking distance of the Moss Arts Center. For more information, call 540-552-4030 or visit their website at www.claycornerinn.com.
- *Tickets must be for a performance at the Moss Arts Center taking place during your stay with Clay Corner Inn. Not valid during football, family, or graduation weekends.
- Timeless | Classical Music
- Program Notes
- Image is from Vespers; photo by Ken Tuan Nguyen.